Oh Reddit, Shtap It

April 8, 2013

Warning: Feedback from some very hateful, very angry trolls.

Did everyone see that Atchka made a subreddit called /askHAES? If not, well hopefully now you know.

Anyway, as I’ve ran through the discussions and comments and studies and links and various other things, I find that it is all very… interesting, actually. Oh, the trolls – but still it is worth it. Lots of people ask the same questions I used to before I really delved into the research, even the ones that sound like trolling. One of my biggest question was “What about the REALLY fat people?” and only recently has that been answered.

Another great discussion that is happening in multiple threads is something I want to specifically address in a later post. It is about how various things intersect to cause weight gain; for instance, there is a correlation between poverty, education, and obesity — namely that when education is low and poverty is high, obesity rates tend to go up. I would like to add that where there is poverty there will probably also be food deserts and malnourished children. Who here knows firsthand what happens to someone when they starve as a child, intentionally or not? There is also a correlation between time and food, namely that a family of four whose two adults work a regular 8-5 shift 5 days a week will resort to “fast food” to help speed up their nighttime routine.

I also want to address the research about fast food and how/if it rewires the brain to desire those foods, as well as talk about the fast food industry and their billion dollar business. Or what about the fact that the US government subsidizes certain foods but not others? Corn in particular is a major part of the American diet (you can skip the fourth paragraph), and the derivatives of it can be dangerous (be careful of the ZOMG Obesity parts).

But, I think y’all might be interested in the hate mail we have already received. I think some of them are hilarious, while others are just head shakers. I’ve changed the names as to not give them satisfaction Ready for this?

______________________

[–] to igotprblms from atchka[M] via /r/askHAES/ sent 17 hours ago

you have been banned from posting to /r/askHAES: Ask questions about Health at Every Size.

[–] from igotprblms via /r/askHAES/ sent 11 hours ago

for what? what did i do? fucking take a look at yourself. You are spending so much goddamn time defending being an unhealthy fatass. LOOK AT THIS. THIS IS NOT HEALTHY. YOU ARE IN DENIAL. IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP YOU WILL DIE AT AN EARLY AGE. YOU ARE SELFISH. PEOPLE AROUND YOU FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOU, BUT YOU DON’T EVEN CARE ENOUGH TO PUT THE GODDAMN FORK DOWN. YOU CAN CHANGE. YOU SERIOUSLY CAN CHANGE, IF YOU JUST ADMIT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU CAN SOLVE IT.

[–] to igotprblms from kitsuneyokai sent 2 hours ago

You have a serious problem and I recommend seeking help immediately. Your obvious need for control of other people is not only detrimental to you, but dangerous to other people. Please seek professional help before you really kill someone with your concern trolling.

[–] from igotprblms via /r/askHAES/ sent 2 hours ago

im not trolling, but whatever keep eating yourself to death

[–] to igotprblms from kitsuneyokai sent 2 hours ago

No one gets out of life alive. So technically, you are also eating yourself to death. Also sleeping, breathing, moving, shitting, and living yourself to death. But good comeback.

[–] from igotprblms via /r/askHAES/ sent 2 hours ago

thanks i spent all night working on it. seriously tho, get healthy bruh

[–] to igotprblms from kitsuneyokai sent 1 hour ago

Brethren, dost thou even hoist?

…………………………..

[–] from yodawg via /r/askHAES/ sent 3 days ago

So how fat are you guys?

[–] to yodawg from kitsuneyokai sent 1 day ago

Fatter than the oceans. Wider than the skies. More massive than the mountains. I fill your very eyes.

……………………

[–] to Brosef from atchka[M] via /r/askHAES/ sent 3 days ago

[–] from Brosef via /r/askHAES/ sent 3 days ago

That was a legit comment brosef

[–] to Brosef from atchka[M] via /r/askHAES/ sent 3 days ago

Yeah, and I read the link that led you to it. I could give a shit about your thoughts on this subject.

[–] to atchka from Brosef via /r/askHAES/ sent 3 days ago

You know what they say dude, a ban for a ban makes the whole world blind.

[–] to Brosef from atchka[M] via /r/askHAES/ sent 3 days ago

You know what they say dude, STFU and GTFO.

……………………………

[–] to troll from kitsuneyokai sent 2 hours ago

Proof or it didn’t happen.

[–] from troll via /r/askHAES/ sent 2 hours ago

Just put on your tinfoil hat and weight

[–] to troll from kitsuneyokai sent 2 hours ago

____________________________

And those are just the ones on the front page! Anyway, I found them particularly funny.

So please stop by and get to looking around. You will find some very interesting tid bits within the discussion and some moderately intelligent people there for the most part. Yes, this includes me. Also, it would be nice if everyone could upvote the mod’s comments as a flood of trolls have buried our comments. Appreciated! Love <3

Kitsune Yokai

1. Elizabeth permalink
    April 8, 2013 10:58 am

I went into the subreddit and got depressed by the low-grade mentality of the comments. Your replies are super and I suppose I should get on reddit and help contribute, but I am SO SO SO SO SO SICK of hearing people yak about willpower — where’s their willpower when it comes to not being self-righteous prigs spewing their gross ignorance? — and diet and exercise. And I would seek out and murder anyone who talks about thyroid issues without knowing something. It’s pretty damn amazing that the docs didn’t manage to kill me through medical negligence and whenever I hear stupidity about the thyroid I see red.

2. JeninCanada permalink
    April 8, 2013 11:53 pm

“Who here knows firsthand what happens to someone when they starve as a child, intentionally or not?”

Yes. When fetuses, or infants or children, are starved, their bodies hang onto fat like whoa. I found a study highlighting this in post-famine parts of Africa but can’t put my hands on it right now.

3. Dizzyd permalink
    May 1, 2014 4:00 pm

I always wonder why should they care so much? They don’t even know you. If they think fat people are so disgusting and such a blight on society, shouldn’t they be THANKING us for dying off sooner? (sarcasm)