Welcome to the new, permanent home of Fat Wallet, the premier resource for finding fat-friendly philanthropies. We began Fat Wallet as a way to support a few small projects we believed in, but have seen multiple fundraising projects being announced which we want to succeed.
All the projects below will support fat-positive fundraisers that benefit Fat Acceptance in some form. This page will be updated periodically as new philanthropies arrive and successful philanthropies move on to the next phase.
If you are interested in advertising your philanthropy here, please contact atchka at hotmail to begin the process.
- Olympic weightlifter Holley Mangold is asking for help in supporting her friend and teammate, Heather Smith, raise $5,000 in travel expenses to compete in the 2012 Weightlifting World University Games in Israel this November. Mangold is coaching Smith and believes she has the makings of a future Olympian. Read more about their cause and donate.
- Trail-blazing model Velvet d’Amour is seeking to raise $10,000 to fund the next issue of her fashion magazine, VOLUP2, which focuses on a diverse definition of beauty that includes bodies of all shapes, sizes and abilities. Read more about VOLUP2 and donate.
- Annie Segara, founder of Stop Hating Your Body, has a personal fundraiser to help realize her dream of working for Disney World. She must move immediately and needs financial help defraying the costs of uprooting herself so quickly. She has not set a limit as she is looking for any help she can get to Disney World. Read more about her dream and donate.
- Mandy Fierens, The Curvy Blogger, is raising $5,000 to launch a line of three plus-sized dresses under her new brand, Zaftig Clothing. Read more about Zaftig Clothing and donate.
- Dr. Pattie Thomas and Carl Wilkerson, the husband and wife sociology superteam, need to raise at least $5,000 pre-production funds for their documentary User Friendly Vegas. They hope to raise a maximum of $10,000 to create the highest quality product, which Pattie and Carl describe in great detail in their guest post on the project. If you want to support Pattie, please consider donating to the GoFundMe page, or for donations under $5, which help them reach their goal of 1,000 donors, give the PayPal account. And if you support this project, feel free to use the graphic below with a link to GoFundMe. Thanks everyone!